I don't know about you, but I just don't have time to go to the doctor. To be honest, even if I had tons of time on my hands, I still wouldn't want to spend a single minute the doctor's office. With four kids, I see plenty of waiting rooms on their behalf. So when it comes to myself I like to avoid it whenever possible.
Recently, however, I really thought I was going to have to bite the bullet and go. I'd been battling the problem for months. Nothing I tried had worked, and I was now in real pain. What terrible thing could have driven me to such desperation? Promise not to laugh? O.k. -- it was chapped lips. You said you wouldn't laugh!
Honestly, I would laugh at me too if I were you. Only I'm the one whose lips were self destructing and it was NOT at all funny. I had been through tons of Burt's Bees Balm, Vaseline, Chapstick...I'd even sprung for a $10 tube of lip balm at L'Occitane. Nothing helped and I could barely open my mouth to eat. Also, I looked similar to the "Before" pictures in all those ads for herpes medications.
Since it's the weekend, and everyone knows Dermatologists only work Monday through Thursday (at best), I turned to the internet for help. Although I've never actually hugged a tree, I found this site to be extremely helpful. Apparently the people who publish Prevention magazine have compiled a list of symptoms for everything from Aches to Warts and everything in between (including Hearing Voices, which was a personal favorite). I've only tried the remedy for Lip Chapping, but it was 100% effective and I think I'll be able to forego a visit to the dermatologist after all. Incidentally, the saltwater compress worked better than Lip Venom at plumping my pucker, and it certainly felt a lot better than liquid cayenne pepper (the active ingredient in most of those drugstore "trout pout" solutions).
Hope this proves helpful in some small way.
Sunday, February 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Great result! I'm all for saving myself from seeing expensive specialists. I'll check it out!
Post a Comment