Thursday, November 01, 2007

Writer's Block

8:00 p.m. -- Play Doh put away. Pedialyte in sippy cup. Chicken Little movie off. Jack is ready to start bedtime.
8:01 -- Refuses to brush teeth or use potty. Initally refuses jammies, but I win that won. We settle in to "read" Curious George Rides a Bike. Reading consists of an endless series of questions about all or part of the pictures on a page.

Q: Who's that?
A: That's the paper boy.
Q: What the paper boy doin'?
A: He's giving George the papers to deliver.
Q: What George doin'?
A: He's delivering the papers like a good little monkey.
Q: What that boy doin'?
A: He's running to take the paper from George.
Q: What he do with it?
A: He's going to take it back to his Mommy.
Q: What that man doin'?
A: He's picking up his paper off the stoop.
Q: He not fall down?
A: He's being very careful not to.
...Ad Infinitum.

Some interminable time later...George is done. Lights are out. Music is on. Fish lamp is on. Thomas vaporizer is on. Jack is lying down. Things are looking good.

Jack: You not leave yet.
Me: I have to. I'm very tired and want to go to sleep (o.k. blog, but I don't believe in full disclosure).
Jack: You tell me a song.
Me: We already sang Froggy Went a Courtin', Rock-a-bye Baby and Jingle Jack.
Jack: You sing the soccer player song.
Me: I don't know the soccer player song.
Jack: You say, 'Soccer Player, soccer player, soccer player.'
Me: Soccer player, soccer player, soccer player, soccer player, soccer player.
Jack: Faster.
Me: Soccerplayersoccerplayersoccerplayersoccerplayersoccerplayersoccerplayer
Jack: Again.
Me: Go to sleep.

9:15 p.m. After 5 trips up and down the stairs because 1) "I DO want to bwush my teef!" 2) "My bwanket! I need my bwanket on!!" 3) "I just pwayin' wif deez cars!" 4) "My bwanket!" 5) "My music went off!"

And you wonder why I don't write more often?!?!

1 comment:

5 boys for us! said...

HI Jodi. I love the soccer player song! So funny! I didn't realize our babes were so close in age. Anyone walking yet? 1 of mine is VERY close!
Love Spiderman and spiders. Very cute!
Take care.
Amie