Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Counting My Blessings

I am thankful...

...that it's really hard to mess up sweet potato casserole and macaroni and cheese (my two responsibilities for family dinner).

...for leftover turkey and mayonnaise sandwiches on white bread (please let there be leftovers this year!).

...for stretchy pants and tunic shirts (maybe just one more bite).

...for a little boy who is making up a song about fish while he plays in the bathtub. "Keep the water in the tub, please!"

...for his now sleeping brothers who have spent the day climbing things then falling off them, playing Peep-Eye by covering their ears, and blowing slobbery kisses my way.

...for my husband who says he loves me by getting up to make milk sippy cups at two in the morning even on week days (cutting jaw teeth is fun for the whole family).

...for our family, our friends and neighbors.

...for all the things great and small that make each day an adventure.

May God bless you with health and happiness this holiday season. Thanks for reading.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jodie,

I just discovered the blog. I had no idea you were such a talented writer, I give it two thumbs up. You are causing me to waste billable time at the office. As the father of three small kids, I can totally relate. I don't know how you deal with three of the same age. Anyway, great to see you're all doing well. The boys are cute as can be. Give us a ring if you're ever in Huntsville!

Burrus Boys said...

Jeff! We don't have your contact info or I'd respond directly, but we would love to catch up. Rusty J. was just over last weekend, and we were talking of high school days. Were your ears burning? I seem to remember discussion of a camping trip from Hades involving the usual suspects. Hope you guys are all well. Great to hear from you! --Jodi

robkroese said...

Nice list. :)