I've been victimized once again. My good friend, B., has a sweetheart of a daughter in Girl Scouts. And I've just come to accept that in the spring, I will be eating 2 to three boxes of thin mints -- whether I meant to or not. I just can't resist their crunchy minty goodness. I've tried freezing them to make them last longer. But, sadly, they taste even better that way, and something about the temperature makes it much easier to eat the entire box at a sitting. Go figure. But that's o.k. I've come to terms with it and can live with myself afterward. But here's the kicker. They've started selling stuff in the fall, too. Not cookies...so don't get too excited. But chocolate-y, horribly-bad-for-you temptations nonetheless.
I think this is unfair to those of us with little or no self-control. But I also realize that the Girl Scouts need income year-round; so, here's my plan. The Girl Scouts need to start selling insurance...protection if you will. I give the Girl Scout of my choice $10 each quarter and she guarantees that she will NOT be bringing any candy, cookies, nuts, popcorn or any other diet-busting paraphernalia into my home during that time. Genius, is it not? I don't get any fatter, the girl scouts make out like bandits -- everybody's happy, right?
Sure, sure. There are those unpleasant mob comparisons. But seriously, they already run in gangs (they call them troops). They all wear the same colors. Don't they even have special hand signs? I can't be the first person to think they should just take the next logical step. Who's with me?
Wednesday, November 07, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
OMG! That is sooo funny! I am totally with you, though my weakness is those peanut butter sandwich cookies. Oh, and the other chocolate dipped peanut butter whatevers. And the shortbread cookies. And....well, you get the picture. I would GLADLY pay those evil little cookie pushers to stay away from me and mine!
Post a Comment