Friday, September 01, 2006

Day by Day by Day

I'm actually going to be brief on this one, which I know is incredibly shocking. But, truly the main thing is, we've made it another week. Since today is Friday, that means I'm now 31 weeks, 2 days -- leaving me only 3 weeks, 3 days until the scheduled c-section. It seems like such a small amount of time when you think about how much it will mean to the babies developmentally, but the minutes are beginning to drag much more slowly as the level of discomfort rises.

And yes, it is getting tougher, but don't think I'm suffering awfully. I may have two really horrible days and nights followed by a whole week that is relatively pleasant. What is most daunting is that I'm slowly losing my peers. That is, other triplet mommies near me in gestation have already had their babies -- one at 29 weeks, one at 30, while another at 30 hangs on by her fingernails. We'll be very thankful to pass the 32 week mark, but I'm sure I will immediately begin coveting 34.

I admit I'm very nervous about delivering prior to 36 weeks, but the risk of possible complications to the incubator (me) seems to weigh heavily with my OB. I've reached an uneasy peace with the idea, but ask that you all hope and pray for the best for our little boys.

Our next appointment is on Tuesday when we should get the latest measurements. I'll try to update ASAP afterward. Thanks for checking in on us.

No comments: