Hi, guys!
Just wanted to give you a quick update. First of all, thanks so much for your concern and support these many weeks. We made it to within 12 hours of 34 weeks!
The night before and day of September 19, I was in so much pain. It didn't seem like contractions but felt like waist down muscle cramps. I called the MD on call and was encouraged to come in, but was stubborn thinking I could get through this episode and it would all be o.k. My o.b. called me twice that morning urging me to just have the babies that day, but I really wanted my extra 6 days! Finally, I realized I couldn't make it any further, and went in to L&D. They started my c-section at 5:25, and the babies came at 5:26, 27 and 28. They actually came out in the same order they were in my belly -- we were able to tell because each was in a different position -- so I got to put the names with the baby I'd already attached them to.
As of today, Sam is a complete rock star. He is in an open crib and doing great at maintiaining his own temp. We have been practicing nursing for the past 3 days, and he is getting 30 ccs of formula every three hours. He is very laid back and doesn't stress over tests or heel sticks.
Will is still on a c-pap, but is really showing signs of wanting to come off. Until then, he can't be held, nursed or bottle fed. He weighs the least but is actually the longest of the three.
Tom is the hardest to work with of the three. He does not tolerate being messed with in any way, and pitches such awful temper tantrums that he has to be moved up on oxygen levels until he calms down. He would not tolerate either kind of c-pap, so is under a hood that they are flooding with oxygen. This seems to agree with him, and we're hoping he will become more tolerant in the next few days.
They plan to feed small amounts of expressed breast milk through Will and Tom's OG tubes. Sam is able to go about eating the usual way. Hopefully, I'll be able to feed all three soon.
Again, your expressions of support have been invaluable, and we want to stress that none of our boys are sick, just getting used to the world. We have your prayers to thank for that. Please continue to pray for all of them and to hope that we will be able to bring all three home in the next couple of weeks.
Saturday, September 23, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment