
We had a fun visit today from our friends Ashley and Mel. I haven't seen their son Jay in a while, and received a shocking reminder of how fast kids grow as he entered the room wearing a pair of big yellow crocs and an even bigger smile. Despite his incredible growth spurt, it was reassuring to know he hadn't outgrown his sweet temperment, and we were gifted with many more smiles before his visit ended.
Speaking of unexpected growth -- or lack of -- upon entering the room, Ashley blurted, "Oh my gosh! You don't look nearly as uncomfortable as I thought!" This struck me as funny simply because it's what I've heard from everyone including my own mother. Apparently, friends and family alike are picturing an unrecognizable lump of flesh encasing three squirming babies. I have to admit, it's a huge ego boost when they find it's not quite as bad as their imagination led them to believe.
With this in mind, I've decided it's time for a belly pic. I generally avoid this kind of thing, because 40 extra lbs. does nothing for my supermodel status -- as is evidenced by my chipmunk cheeks. Cheeks that are mine to keep in both feast and famine, but are definitely more impressive in the feast phases of my life. I hope you all enjoy marveling at the size of my tummy. Not even chipmunk cheeks can make my head look quite big enough to balance out a belly this size. And where are the enormous boobs I asked for??? But all in all, it could be a lot worse.

No comments:
Post a Comment