We've done it!!! Our little boys have been incredible troopers, and we've made it to the 28 week mark. This means their likelihood of survival outside the womb is very, very good. Of course, we would like at least 6 more weeks before we actually let them out in the "real" world, but this does take a lot of pressure off.
A quick synopsis of today's visit:
A is 2 lbs. 10 oz./57th percentile
B is 2 lbs. 13 oz./64th percentile
C is 2 lbs. 10 oz./57th percentile
Although everything is looking great, my Dr. still feels a delivery at 34 weeks will reduce the risk of a uterine rupture. And at the rate these boys are growing, he feels confident they will be over 4 lbs. at that point. That would put our target date for delivery on or around September 18. Hopefully, they will only be in the NICU a week or two, as I have already received steroids to help their lungs develop a bit more quickly. Also, triplets tend to develop faster than singletons, so that's another mark in their favor.
I've been measuring 34 weeks at the last 3 visits; however, I'm told not to worry as the babies have found a way to stretch out sideways rather than straight up and down. Dr. Robinette tells me this is a very good thing, as it gives them plenty of room to grow over the next 6 weeks. And all this time I've thought having the rib cage of a professional linebacker was a BAD thing.
Six more weeks, six more weeks. Six more weeks!!! I just have to keep repeating it, because it seems like such a short period of time. The most unexpected thing about this pregnancy (other than the triplet aspect, of course) is how incredibly quickly the time has gone by. And there's still no nursery!! Jason is convinced he can get the whole thing together AFTER they arrive, but BEFORE they actually need it. I suppose since I'm not preecclampsic this time, he's looking for other ways to raise my blood pressure.
Thanks to everyone for your prayers and concern. It means more than you can know. Check back soon, as I hope to have the ultrasound pictures scanned in this week. We finally got a good look at baby B, and I'm pretty sure the Burrus genes have made a clean sweep of my offspring. Not a problem, as you can see from the picture of Jack in the upper right corner, Burrus genes make a really pretty baby.
Tuesday, August 08, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment