Tuesday, August 01, 2006

26 Week Visit -- July 25

We had been looking forward to this visit for weeks on end because of the promise of getting baby measurements. Lo and behold, I make it into the ultrasound room, and the incredibly nice tech, Paula, informs me that Dr. Robinette has decided we only need heartbeats -- no measurements. Not that I'm terribly tactful on a good day -- as we used to say during performance reviews, it's an area where I have an "opportunity for growth" -- but this visit was truly a low point. "You go tell him that he promised me measurements today, and I've been looking forward to it for six weeks." Paula, obviously recognizing a pregnant woman at the end of her rope, dutifully did just that and returned saying, "Dr. Robinette says if you want measurements -- you'll get measurements." Mission accomplished, but I did ask Paula to please pretend I'd asked really nicely. I hope she has a good imagination.

The results of the ensuing scan could not be any better, plenty of fluid for each baby, A & C head up, B head down. Let's not forget the all important measurements. A & C both weigh 2 lbs. 1 oz., putting them in the high 50th/low 60th percentile when compared to singletons at the same gestation. B is super-chunky at 2 lbs. 4 oz., putting him in the upper 60th percentile. I am assured that all three are huge for triplets. This stands to reason since I am huge for a pregnant lady. I'm measuring 34 weeks -- a full two months ahead of my actual gestation. I have no intention of revealing what size t-shirt is now required to actually cover my belly, just believe me when I say I'll be donating my pregnancy clothes to charity at the earliest possible moment -- anonymously!!

Just as soon as I can figure out how to get our ultrasound pictures scanned and included on this blog, I will be sure to do so. Once again, there is no doubt as to the identity of "my baby daddy" since you can already see a distinct Burrus profile in even the fuzziest ultrasound photo. Only Baby B has remained camera shy, so I still hold out hope -- o.k. faint hope -- that some of my genetic material will show up in at least one of my offspring.

We go for our 28 week visit on August 8, so keep us in your thoughts and prayers. Making it to that point is our most critical milestone and we're anxious to have it behind us. Check back soon, as we're trying to keep things updated weekly.

No comments: