It is well known that I am not as creative as my lovely wife, but I thought it was about time that the father's voice was heard in all of this.
I'd like to answer some of the most common questions I get asked:
Q) "Do triplets run in you family?"
A) No...but short, bald people do.
Q) "Were you surprised when you found out?"
A) Yes...somewhere between "Happy Birthday!" and "Oh no, ninjas!"
Q) "Were fertility meds involved?"
A) Despite the suggestion from some of my friends that I should take this opportunity to boast about my potency, I have to be truthful and say, of course not.
Q) "How's your wife feeling?"
A) This question must be answered carefully. I usually respond with, "she's coming along day by day" or "hangin' in there." I do not say "imagine three angry squirrels or small badgers have taken up residence in your innards...something like that."
Q) "How's the nursery coming along?"
A) You did not just ask me that.
Q) "Are you getting a minivan?"
A) I will admit that I was one of those people who swore I would never drive a minivan. Since I have purchased an Odyssey, it dawns on me that minivans are SEXY! The only problem is, I think we may still have trouble fitting four car seats in it...I probably should have gone with the church van(NOT sexy).
Q) "Names?"
A) ME: Huey, Dooey, and Louie
Jodi: No, be serious Jason!
ME: Trip, Trey, and #3
Jodi: (frown)
ME: Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego
Jodi: Shutup.
ME: (Shutting up) Unknown to most people, Jodi packs a mean right cross and I have a glass jaw.
I look forward to putting some pics of the new ones on the site in a few weeks. I don't think you can be fully prepared for the chaos that this change will bring but, it certainly will be the adventure of a lifetime.
Wednesday, August 16, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment