Sunday, September 23, 2007

Pictures and Stuff






O.k., so I'm just plain tired, tired, tired. But a lot of stuff has been going on, lately, and I'd love to share. So I think I'm going to cheat and just show a bunch of pictures. Nobody minds that, right?

At the end of August, I threw a baby shower for our best friends in the WORLD, Tamara and Phil. They are having their first child, Sophia Elysse, in December, and I wasn't about to miss out on a chance to throw a party for them. We had a couples shower at Tamara's mom's house in Decatur. We had a crowded house, but the food, beer and wine went the distance, and we all had a great time.

I can't figure out how to caption these !@#$% pictures, so the first one is obviously Tamara and Me. The second is Jason, Me, Tamara and Phil (who REALLY enjoyed the open bar and is pinching the devil out of the mama fat on the back of my arm -- note the fact that I managed to look serene until the shutter clicked -- then I clocked him one). Then comes the truly fabulous cake that I had patterned after the invitation. The only problem is the cake decorator didn't quite pull off the fact that the male figure is supposed to be slightly turned. Instead, it just makes it look like the guy has one leg shorter than the other. We referred to Phil as "The Gimp" for the duration of the party. I also can't figure out how to flip pictures, but I had to show you a full body of Tamara at almost 7 mos. preggers -- She had to wear this t-shirt that says "Pregnant (Not Fat)". Contrast that with the one of me at around 7 months with the trips. I considered a t-shirt that said, "Wide Load" but figured why restate the obvious.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You have quite a way with words...loved the "Wide Load" comment...too funny! But, let's be realistic here...you were carrying trips AND it was your 2nd pregnancy, so you should be showing more than me!!!