Forgive the long pause between entries, but it takes my brain a lot longer to cobble together a coherent thought in the midst of the adventures of four little boys. The triplets have started solid foods, and just as I did with Jack, I have already threatened to cut out the middle man and smear the peas directly on their faces and chests -- with a little up their noses for good measure. Everyone is cutting teeth. Tom already has one, is working on his second and is trying to sit alone and crawl. Sam is polishing his charm with soft coos and shy smiles. And Will is plotting to take over the world. He hasn't said it in so many words, but a mother knows these things. How so much intensity can radiate from such a tiny creature is a mystery to me. Aside from a few allergy symptoms due to tons of pollen and no rain, all is right in their worlds.
Our big boy, Jack, gave us a terrible scare just over a week ago when he had a short febrile seizure during which he fell backward onto a brick floor. Before the ambulance ride was over, he was returning to his normal, irrepressable self -- wowing the pediatric staff with his friendly chatter and sweet nature. However, since this was the third event of this kind (the first was at 11 months and the 2nd at just over a year), we have to dig a little deeper to be sure there isn't some underlying cause that must be addressed. We are scheduled for an EEG at children's hospital in late April. Please keep our precious boy in your thoughts and prayers as we mark the hours until his scan.
I've been instructed to report on myself once in a while, and can honestly say I've never felt better. I think it's true that the more you try to do, the more you CAN do. Not that I don't have plenty of days where I can't name one accomplishment, but the good days are definitely outnumbering the bad. I've actually found myself gaining more energy lately -- due in no small part to the boys sleeping through the night on a fairly regular basis -- and am even finding time for things like reading the newspaper and BLOGGING, of course. My selfish goal for this week is to find time for a pedicure. Whether I get one or not is immaterial. The simple fact that I now CARE whether my toes look good or not speaks volumes about my overall feelings of well-being.
Thanks so much to all my friends for such non-stop loving support over these many, many months of challenges. You've made it possible for me to enjoy the journey so far and face what's ahead with more hope than fear. Love to you all.
And yes, I promise to post more pictures soon. They are ALL so beautiful, it's hard to believe they're real.
Monday, March 26, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment