Amoebas to the right. Here I am, stuck in the middle with flu. You'll have to cut me some slack. I'm pretty dehydrated after around 8 hours of contemplating the inside of my toilet bowl. I knew I had a problem when between dry heaves I was wondering just what it would take to remove those hard water stains from around the water jets. Also, not to be disgusting, but how can there be so much green dye in purple Gatorade?
On this happy note, I'd like to ask for your input. For those of you with kids in daycare, mother's day out, etc. -- or for those of you who have worked with children in a similar setting -- or for those of you who just have a very strong opinion about protecting oneself from getting constantly sick with whatever bug is "going around", here's my dilemma. This is the second unpleasant GI virus that has swept through the Burrus home in a mere three week span and the third or fourth since the first of the year. We can trace the path of infection thusly...Jack (to be referred to from this point forward as Typhoid Mary) goes to school, has a great time, and at some point during a quiet evening at home barfs all over me or his dad. After that, Typhoid Mary generally recovers over the span of 24 hours, leaving him feeling fine just in time for his dad to come down with it. After Jason recovers, it's my turn. And finally the horror has ended. The fact that it results in my dropping a pound or two is viewed as a welcome side effect, but is generally insufficient to cover the misery that went before.
Here's my question: Since Typhoid Mary is ALWAYS the bearer of this sort of bad news, is it time to suggest some Clorox Wipes and Lysol spray to the powers that be at his school? Or is this just some sort of disgusting rite of passage that I can look forward to for the next 18 years? Please advise. Just click the comments button below and the entire world at large can benefit from your expertise. Thanks!!!
Thursday, March 08, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment