Saturday, November 11, 2006

What's Next...Locusts?

I hate how long it's been since my last blog entry. I've been working on one over the course of the last week, but haven't finished it given that in roughly that period of time we've had the following incidences:

Day 1-Jack caught a cold at mother's day out
Day3-Sam, Tom and Will caught Jack's cold due to excessive affection from their older brother (including, but not limited to sneezing on their pacifiers, coughing in their face, and wiping snot on their heads while hugging them and saying, "Ahh, buddies. You awite?)
Day 3 to present-Sam, Tom and WIll stop sleeping due to cold symptoms.
Day 4 to present-Mom and Dad become zombies due to Sam, Tom and WIll not sleeping
Day 6-Sam has to go to the ER with a fever (where a spinal tap was discussed but not done, due in part to my flipping out over the idea)
Day 8-Jack spiked a fever just yesterday, and is now on antibiotics. On the upside, he also got cough syrup with codeine so he wouldn't wake himself up coughing at night. When we give it to him, he likes to turn around in a circle and say, "Whoa!" as it takes effect.
Day 9-I get my gall bladder removed. That's right, I have to get freakin' surgery. Granted, it was outpatient, and I made it home by 4:30 p.m. But honestly...isn't this getting just a little ridiculous?

At least I lost most of my baby weight because of it. Isn't there always a bright side? Anyhow, please don't give up on us. I've got some great new pictures of Jack at Halloween and the trips just chillin' that I have to show off. There's the chance my next blog entry will be on the new Mac site. If I can swing it, I'll be sure to post the new web address here.

Incidentally, today is Jason's birthday. So wish him all the best when you next see him. He was joking about his less than happy birthday as he sat with me in the recovery room. When I reminded him that we had to put our cat to sleep on my birthday back in June, he decided it's lucky we only have one birthday per year. After all, I've only got a finite number of non-essential organs. Should I get an urgent message from my appendix sometime soon, I'll be sure to let you know.

No comments: