Sunday, November 26, 2006

Post-Thanksgiving Report

Hello, all! Hope you've enjoyed your turkey sandwiches, turkey dressing, turkey soup, turkey hash, etc. It's a shame Christmas is so close to Thanksgiving, because I really don't want to see another turkey before sometime in February. Maybe the Cattlemen's Association should run some kind of ad campaign touting a nice beef filet for Christmas. Something along the lines of "Beef...at least it's not turkey." Maybe the veggie farmers should get in on the act with "Salad, because you're not as young as you used to be and roughage is your friend." Okay, so advertising taglines aren't my forte...sue me.

Our holiday included dinner at our house, and an early Christmas with Aunt Marie (Ree Ree), since her next visit won't take place until spring. Jack got a genuine plastic "Go, Diego, Go!" watch and now informs us at all times of the day and night that it is, in fact, nine o'clock. Nine is his new favorite number, and comes immediately after two, but just before twenty. That puts his math skills roughly on par with mine.

Anyhow, since the bathtub incident, poor Jack has been placed on an every other night bath schedule because his dad can't take the strain of it every day. Unfortunately, things got hectic last night, and he is now three days out. The poor little thing asked for a bath right after breakfast this morning. My child had to ASK to be bathed. Moments like these highlight the fact that my mother of the year award may be delayed a few decades.

I should point out that I was under the weather yesterday, which threw everyone into survival mode -- ensuring that Saturday was a NO BATH day for most of the inhabitants of the Burrus Zoo. What I thought was a vicious 24 hour bug, has stretched into 48. But on the plus side, I'm now 4 lbs. below my starting weight with the triplets. I still have about 9 lbs. to go before I'm back at my pre-Jack weight, so cross your fingers for a 72 hour bug.

Just in case anyone is considering calling Child Services, the triplets got their bath this morning and Jack will absolutely, positively get one before bed tonight -- come what may. And we all know that could be just about ANYTHING, so I'll keep you posted.

No comments: