We're in a bit of a lull this morning. The babies are napping and Jack is playing Hungry Hippos -- the no-rules-frantically-grab-for-marbles version. So I thought I'd take a moment to say Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all of you taking the time to visit this blog. Thanks for an awesome year. Your comments, both in person and in print, have meant so much to me.
I know it's customary to say, "Hope Santa brought you just what you wanted." And honestly, I don't wish anyone a vacuum cleaner or an electric skillet (unless you're so inclined). But I do have one wish for your New Year. I hope at some point you receive something you didn't expect...something you might even have refused if the choice had been yours. But once this unasked for thing enters your life, I hope you are surprised to find it's better than anything you could have plotted for, planned for, saved for, wished for...just better than anything you could have expected. And I hope that unexpected joy makes you just a little more inclined to relax...to go with the flow...to not get bent out of shape when the road you're traveling suddenly takes a sharp detour into unfamiliar territory. Because you just might wind up someplace wonderful.
Wishing you love in abundance, happiness overflowing and peace tempered with just enough chaos to make you appreciate it. -- J.
Tuesday, December 25, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment