Monday, October 15, 2007

Not a stalker...just a creepy fan

So I ran into a super cool woman who writes a seriously fun blog (visit My Tiny Kingdom immediately) at the grocery store today. I had a really fun chat with her; however, she may or may not have been having a really fun chat with me. When you run into one of your virtual acquaintances in the real world, it can make for an awkward social moment. But it was probably my own paranoia, as she was just as cool in person as she appears to be in her blog. Sadly, I only realized after the fact that I'd forgotten to put on mascara this morning, so was not presenting the well-put-together front that I try so hard to cultivate. Also I had forgotten to make a list and was talking to myself in the aisles. Usually, I cart at least one kid along to make it look like I'm actually talking to them instead of exhibiting medication-worthy behavior. But When I'm looking good and acting sane, I never see anybody I know. So I guess looking like who dunnit and why is a small price to pay for a conversation with another grown up.

Anyway, I just so happened to be purchasing the fixings for two recipes that I gleaned from her site. She's a busy mom of three, and still manages to come up with really good home-cooked meals. She accomplishes this miraculous feat through planning ahead...something I admire in other people but can't seem to manage on my own. Not to worry, she's laid it all out a week at a time. Be sure to visit her site and leave a comment about how awesome and helpful her menus are so she'll be sure to keep doing it on a regular basis. Otherwise, it's back to McDonald's. By the way, if anyone has Boardwalk, I've got Park Place. Call me!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Loved seeing you at Publix-- not stalkerish at all! That might be the last time we ever see each other without little boys around, though-- I didn't appreciate the chances of that until I was back in the minivan.

Hope the Beef Balls were good!

PS - Water For Elephants is on my night table-- everyone is raving about it-- I must find time to read...